Monday, February 15, 2010

Big Soft Ginger Cookies


I like to have cookies with a cup of tea or coffee sometimes. I didn't have anything sweet in the house and my dh doesn't like me to buy sweets because that tempts him to snitch some. He is not to have sweets as he is diabetic. So after listening to me grumble about it, the next time he went to the store he bought me a bag of ginger cookies. Having made my own Ginger Cookies before, these (things) in the bag called cookies, didn't come close to what I had made before. So I made my own and I will share the recipe with you.

BIG SOFT GINGER COOKIES

3/4 c.margarine softened1 c. white sugar
1 egg
1 tbls. water
1/4 c. molasses
2 tbls. white sugar
2 1/4 c. all purpose flour
2 tsp. gr. ginger
1 tsp. baking soda
3/4 tsp. gr. cinnamon
1/2 tsp gr. cloves
1/4 tsp. salt

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Sift together the flour, ginger, baking soda, cinnamon, cloves, and salt. Set aside.

In a large bowl, cream together the margarine and 1 cup sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg, then stir in the water and molasses. Gradually stir the sifted ingredients into the molasses mixture. Shape dough into walnut sized balls, and roll them in the remaining 2 tablespoons of sugar. Place the cookies 2 inches apart onto an ungreased cookie sheet, and flatten slightly.

Bake for 10 min. Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for 5 min before removing to a wire rack to cool completely. Store in an airtight container.

Enjoy!

3 comments:

  1. Yum yum yum, these sound amazing and unlike any other recipe I have heard of!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummy.....I have had these before and they are delicious! You should post them on the forum. By the way, I love the new look!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look so good! I love Ginger Cookies:)

    ReplyDelete