Saturday, July 10, 2010

Lentil Appetizer with Scoops

With all the hot weather we have had this past week it's time for outdoor entertaining. If you are doing the entertaining or being entertained it's always nice to have a cold and refreshing appetizer along with a tall cool drink of your choice. As it turns out John and I are being entertained twice this weekend and I always offer to take something to help out. I am taking this Lentil Appetizer to both as it makes a fair bit. Serve it with scoops . If you have the Lock n Lock containers to put it in your set to go. I will share the recipe with you. Thanks to my friend Carol.


Lentil Appetizer with Scoops
1 can lentils (drained and rinsed)
1/2 can kernel corn
1/4 cup fresh basil (leaves only)
2-3 chopped gr. onions
1/2 tsp oregano
1-2 cloves garlic finely chopped
2 1/2 tbsp olive oil
Juice of 1 lemon (real lemon 3 tbsp)
3/4 cup feta cheese crumbled
1/8 tsp cumin
1/2 container cherry tomatoes quartered
Mix together. Can be made 1 day ahead
Serve with scoops.








2 comments:

  1. This sounds like something I would really enjoy! Thanks for sharing:)
    Joanne xo

    ReplyDelete