Sunday, July 11, 2010

Vacation

It is called a vacation, but to get to that point it is a lot of work. Just getting the kids organized and packed is a real chore. At my age now I get brain overload real quick. You put something into my brain something else falls out. So we always forget something when we go camping.

This was only the second time this tent was put up and the first time was last year when it was bought to see what it looked like. Kevin and I did OK, in the extreme heat that day.


Marie is putting the final clips on the tent poles and it is finished. This tent got a lot of comments as no had seen this kind of tent before.


The one afternoon as I was sitting outside reading my book, I looked up and couldn't believe my eyes. I thought we where being invaded as there were 6 of these (people) coming down to the beach. As it turned out it is a popular place to go scuba diving.

Marie and Keven loved to have campfires every night. She is already in her PJ's and the marshmallow are there somewhere.

Every Friday night at Sherkston Shore they have fireworks out over the Quarry. Our campsite was at the edge of the quarry, so the kids could sit by the campfire and watch the fire works at the same time. It is really hard to take pictures of fireworks and have them turn out. I think I took about 15 to get 4.



After we were done at Sherkston we are home 2 days and we leave again for Port Elgin to join Tracy and Payton at their campground. The first 2 nights it was cold and the furnace came on then things heated up and we were wishing for some of that cool weather. Dh spends alot of his time reading when we are out camping.
Payton still has a smile for the camera after a full day of activities as we sit around the campfire that night.


















3 comments:

  1. This looks awesome! Hope you had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like everyone is having a great summer! Marie looks cozy in her jammies and Payton is adorable as usual:)
    Joanne xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. We miss you guys over the summer, but is certainly looks as though you are enjoying yourselves. Until you return again.......

    ReplyDelete